This information is regularly updated at https://www.thamesvalley-pcc.gov.uk/get-involved/coronavirus-covid-19/
In response to the ongoing Coronavirus outbreak, here are some useful updates which may help signpost you to the best contacts and sources of further information. This page will be updated regularly with news including statements from Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) for Thames Valley, Anthony Stansfeld.
Getting in touch
Thames Valley Police (TVP)
Thames Valley Police is asking you to please only call 999 if it is an emergency and 101 if it is urgent. If you can, use their online services on the Thames Valley Police website.
For more information on coronavirus and policing, head to the TVP dedicated webpage. In addition, you can tell the police about a possible breach of coronavirus measures online where you can also find out about the new police powers.
Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner (OPCC)
The Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner (OPCC) is currently operating during normal working hours (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday).
Please use the following contact details to get in touch with us:
- If you have a general enquiry for the Police and Crime Commissioner, email firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please note, our general contact phoneline is not currently being answered due to staff working remotely.)
- If you have a media enquiry, email OPCC.Comms@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk
(Please note, the media enquiry inbox is currently being monitored 9am – 5pm Monday to Wednesday, 9am – 3pm on Thursdays.)
- Victims First - as we are currently working with limited capacity due to Covid-19 we are asking that anyone needing support from Victims First please make a referral using our online form: https://www.victims-first.org.uk/. Please provide the email address and contact number for the person needing support and a Victims First Officer will contact them.
- For information on the proper procedure for making a complaint, please visit our Reporting Concerns webpage.
You can also keep up-to-date with news from our office on social media:
- OPCC Twitter - @TV_PCC
- Victims First Twitter - @VictimsFirstTV
- Victims First Facebook - @victimsfirstTV
Latest updates from the Police and Crime Commissioner
Read the latest updates from Anthony Stansfeld, Police and Crime Commissioner for the Thames Valley on our response to the coronavirus outbreak.
- 30th March 2020 - £100,000 available to community and voluntary groups following the outbreak
- 24th March 2020 – Update on COVID-19
- 16th March 2020 – Postponement of PCC elections
- 11th March 2020 – Statement about COVID-19
You can keep up-to-date with the work of the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner by visiting our News and Events page.
Latest updates from Thames Valley Police
Read the latest updates from John Campbell, Chief Constable for Thames Valley Police, on the policing response to the coronavirus outbreak.
- 15th April 2020 - Message from Thames Valley Police's Chief Constable John Campbell
- 9th April 2020 - Message from Thames Valley Police's Chief Constable John Campbell
- 7th April 2020 - Thames Valley Police continues fight agasint domestic abuse during the coronavirus pandemic
- 3rd April 2020 – Message from Thames Valley Police’s Chief Constable John Campbell
- 25th March 2020 – Message from the Chief Constable of Thames Valley Police
- 24th March 2020 – Thames Valley Police Media Office working remotely
Here are some links to further information, guidance and advice for the pandemic:
- Latest Government advice and information
- Latest health advice from the NHS
- Wellbeing support available from Mind
- Talking to your child about coronavirus
- National Police Wellbeing Service (Oscar Kilo) Coronavirus Hub
- Advice on home working from Oscar Kilo
- Article from The Mental Health Foundation on looking after your mental health
- Responding to Coronavirus (British Psychological Society)
- Report cyber-crime, fraud and scams (Action Fraud)
- Free support and advice for victims of crime (Victims First)
- If you're worried about your mental health (Samaritans)